Maintaining the highest academic standard is a priority at Lubbock Christian School. We challenge each student to achieve maximum potential in every area of learning.
The following classes are required for all 7th and 8th grade students:
- Bible - classes are divided into boys and girls
- PE or Athletics
- Band or Art
7th Grade Only
- 1 semester Computer
- 1 semester Logic
8th Grade Only
Jr. High Extra-Curricular Opportunities
- National Junior Honor Society
- Art Competition
- Christian School Academic Meet
- Jr. High Concert Band
Finals Exemption Policy
The purpose of the Lubbock Christian School exemption policy is to promote improved attendance and behavior in order to improve academic performance, while keeping the integrity and high expectations of academic excellence. Testing exemptions are as follows:
7th and 8th Grade
- Grade average of 85 or higher with no more than 3 absences and 3 tardies of any kind per class period
- Students must take five (5) tests minimum (at least one per day) - four (4) of which MUST be core classes (English, Math, Social Studies and Science)
Students that have been assigned multiple demerits or suspensions during the semester lose exemptions for that semester. Any fines, dues or equipment must be "cleared" prior to finals week.
School activity absences do not count against total number of absences.