Core Knowledge: Establishing a Foundation
Lubbock Christian School uses the Core Knowledge curriculum. The Core Knowledge Sequence provides a clear body of lasting knowledge. Because knowledge builds on knowledge, Core Knowledge provides learning that is coherent, cumulative, and content-specific. Building on what the child has already learned to ensure that children enter each new grade eager to learn.
What are the benefits for my child?
- Broad knowledge base and rich vocabulary
- Motivates child to learn more
- Necessary knowledge for higher learning
- Boosts self-confidence
What are the benefits for parents?
- Provides a clear educational outline
- Encourage parents to participate
- Gives opportunities for local citizens to be instructional resources
What subjects are included by Core Knowledge?
- Language Arts
- American History
- World History
- Visual Arts
- Texas History